It’s all a bit sensitive: The highs and (statistically significant) lows of student equality data
Presenter: Jess Moody, Senior Adviser
Institution: Advance HE
Format: Interactive : a breakout session where participants have to undertake one or more tasks.
Exploring equality data, ethics and trust through the lens of student data on religion, trans identity and sexual orientation.
This session will help you:
- Build confidence in talking about lesser discussed equality characteristics
- Understand your role in supporting wider equality change frameworks (including Athena SWAN and the Race Equality Charter)
- Start exploring the ethical implications of data-driven interventions in student access, participation and success (including learner analytics).
- Improve collection and disclosure rates.
- Ask the big question: would you trust you with your personal data?
Staff at all levels who might use, collect or analyse sensitive student data.