SROC 2019 will be held at Cranfield University between 24-26 April 2019
We look forward to welcoming you to SROC at Cranfield University. The University is very proud to host the 33rd Student Record Officers Conference in 2019. Our aim is to offer an engaging and exciting event. We hope you enjoy our facilities, carefully chosen speakers, workshop topics and social event, which will make the 2019 SROC conference a valuable and enjoyable experience.
Local Organizing Committee
- Cranfield University Education Support team is arranging the conference.
- For enquiries before and during the conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Paul Norris, Senior Assistant Registrar is the main contact)
- We prefer email enquiries, but in an emergency please contact 01234 754093. (International +44 1234 754093)
- For information on travelling to the Cranfield University campus please see: https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/about/how-to-find-cranfield
- Full details are in the Accommodation and Travel section of the conference website
- The conference hub will be in the Vincent Building – building 52A on the University campus map, which is available at: https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/~/media/files/maps/cranfield-university-campus-map.ashx?la=en
- There is plentiful free parking available at Cranfield Management Development Centre, the accommodation venue.
Registration for the Conference
- We will be registering delegates at the conference hub in the Vincent Building, from 2.00pm on Wednesday 24th April 2019.
- If you are arriving later on the Wednesday, please let us know in advance and then, upon arrival, make yourself known to one of the conference team; otherwise you can register on Thursday.
- On Thursday, a conference helpdesk will be available in the Vincent foyer from 9am until 5pm.
If you have mobile devices:
- Visitor Wi-fi is available throughout the main University campus, including accommodation. Further details on how to access this will be available in your delegates pack. If your device is logged into Eduroam prior to arrival you will be connected automatically. If you also need access to a PC whilst on campus there is a PC Lab in the Vincent Building
How to use your Personal SROC Account (PSA)
When you book onto the conference you will need to register as a member of SROC. This allows the system to know who you are and to store your invoice and conference schedule in your Personal SROC Account. This membership automatically expires at the end of the conference (within 1 calendar month). Your registered USERNAME acts as your ID; use the password you registered with to complete your access into your PSA. You will be asked via the confirmation email to print your INVOICE and pass it to your finance department, and to print your SCHEDULE for safekeeping. You may sign into your PSA at any time until the close of the conference if you need to retrieve either of these documents.
We recommend the use of the Guidebook conference app to manage your conference experience. There will not be a paper copy of your personalised schedule in your conference information welcome pack. Please prepare for the conference by printing out your schedule from your PSA and either use as a paper copy, or if using the Guidebook app, use the information to input your sessions before arrival at the conference.
Conference App (Guidebook)
Get the guide to access up-to-date information about the conference, including schedules, maps, and much more. The SROC guide is available here: https://guidebook.com/g/sroc19. You’ll need to download the Guidebook app if you don’t already have it and enter the passphrase ‘sroc19’ to download the conference information.
Special diets can be catered for. Please inform us of your needs using the conference booking form. Additional queries can be sent to email@example.com
Wednesday evening social
On Wednesday evening a barbecue supper will be held in the Cranfield Student Association. This is building 114 on the University map, adjacent to the Vincent Building. After the meal there will be a quiz.
Conference Dinner - brought to you in association with Validate ID Ltd
The Conference dinner and disco will be held at The Sculpture Gallery, The Woburn Estate on Thursday evening. Transport will be provided.
Follow us on Twitter
You can follow updates and announcements on our twitter @sroc_he. This year’s hashtag is #sroc19
Retail Catering Outlets & Bars
- Alcohol is served in the CSA Bars (building 114 on the University map) and at the accommodation at CMDC.
- There is a small shop in the CSA (building 114 on the University map), a Budgens with a Post Office (building 24) and a branch of Santander Bank (building 49)
Emergency Services and Fire Procedures
In the event of an emergency or fire follow the instructions provided by Cranfield University staff.
Medical Assistance or other emergencies:
- Whilst on campus, visitors in need of emergency assistance should contact the conference team in the first instance.