Accommodation & Travel
The 2019 conference will be held at Cranfield University. Accommodation for the conference will be at Cranfield’s on-campus conference centre, Venue Cranfield.
ACCOMMODATION AND TRAVEL
We look forward to welcoming you to SROC at Cranfield University.
Accommodation - Venue Cranfield
Accommodation is on site at Venue Cranfield in either Cranfield Management Development Centre (CMDC, building 239) or next door in Mitchell Hall (building 231). These are about a 10 minute walk from the conference venue in the Vincent Building (building 52A).
Transport will be available between accommodation and the conference dinner venue and for those returning to railway stations on Friday afternoon. Please be aware transport is not available from stations on arrival.
Travel by car is recommended as the campus is in a rural location. There is plenty of free car parking at CMDC.
Getting to the campus on arrival.
- For campus map, directions, railway and bus services see ‘How to find us’ https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/about/how-to-find-cranfield
- From Bedford, the bus services are Cranfield Connect, Route C1 or Stagecoach, Route 52
- The closest railway stations are Milton Keynes Central (8 miles), on the West Coast Mainline and Bedford (11 miles), the northern terminus of Thameslink and on the Midland Mainline. Both stations have taxi ranks and bus services immediately outside.
- From Milton Keynes, the bus service is Cranfield Connect, Route C1
- The Cranfield University bus stop is on The Green, opposite Main Reception. It is a few minutes’ walk from CMDC.
Arrival and registration for the conference
- You may register for the conference from 2.00pm on Wednesday at the conference venue in the Vincent Building (52A).
- If you are arriving later on the Wednesday, please let us know in advance and then, upon arrival, make yourself known to one of the conference team.
- On Thursday, a conference desk will be available in the foyer of the Vincent Building from 09:00am until 17:00pm.
The conference hub will be in the Vincent Building (52A on the University map) which is available at the ‘How to Find Us’ link above.
The conference desk, exhibition and day time refreshments will be in the Vincent foyer area.
For enquiries before or during the conference, please contact email@example.com