SROC 2017 will be held at Northumbria University between 24-26 April 2017
We look forward to welcoming you to SROC at Northumbria University. The University is very proud to host the 2017 Student Record Officers Conference. We aim to offer a fantastic conference. We hope that the excellent facilities, carefully chosen speakers, workshop topics and social events, will make the 2017 SROC conference a memorable and beneficial experience.
Local Organizing Committee
- The Northumbria University Academic Registry team is arranging the conference www.northumbria.ac.uk/sd/central/ar/
- For enquiries before and during the conference, please contact email@example.com (Sally Lattimer, PA to the Academic Registrar is the main contact)
- We prefer email enquiries, but in an emergency please contact 0191 227 3119. (International +44 191 227 3119)
- See www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-at-northumbria/visit-northumbria/getting-here/getting-here/getting-here/ for information about travelling to the University.
- We recommend that you travel to Newcastle by rail or air as neither hotel has significant car parking facilities, although there are nearby car parks for which you will have to pay extra.
- The conference hub will be in the Business and Law Building on the City Campus East campus – building 17 on the University map, which is available at:- www.northumbria.ac.uk/media/738539/citycampus_map.pdf
- The campus is situated on the eastern edge of the city centre and is a 15-20 minute walk from the train station.
- No parking is available on the University campus, but commercial car parks are available nearby. See www.newcastle.gov.uk/sites/default/files/wwwfileroot/parking-roads-and-transport/parking/parking_charges_off_street_22.08.16.pdf and www.newcastle.com/sites/default/files/wwwimageroot/Parking%20Map_Page_1_small.jpg for more information.
Registration for the Conference
- We will be registering delegates at the conference hub at City Campus East, from 2.00pm on the Monday.
- If you are arriving later on the Monday, please let us know in advance and then, upon arrival, make yourself known to one of the conference team; otherwise you can register on Tuesday.
- On Tuesday, a conference helpdesk will be available in the main conference venue from 9am until 5pm.
- The telephone number for colleagues or family to leave an urgent message for you between 0900 and 1700 hrs is +44 191 227 3119. Emergency messages can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For emergency messages outside these times you should provide your mobile or hotel contact details to your friends or colleagues.
- Please ask at the Conference helpdesk if you are expecting any messages.
- The conference hub will be on the University’s City Campus East campus – building 17 on the University map, which is available at www.northumbria.ac.uk/media/738539/citycampus_map.pdf
If you have mobile devices:
- As part of the agreement with SROC, both hotels provide a complimentary wireless broadband connection in each room.
- Wi-fi is available throughout the main University campus. Further details on how to access this will be available in your delegates pack. However, we recommend that make sure that you can access EduRoam BEFORE you travel to SROC. See the following webpages for more information. https://intranet.northumbria.ac.uk/facultiesandservices/iti/wifi_visitors/?view=Standard
If you also need access to a PC whilst on campus:
- We have a number of open access PCs on Campus. Further information will be included in your conference pack or speak to a member of the conference team.
Your Personal SROC Account (PSA)
Once you have registered, you will be allocated an account area which will hold your personalised conference programme. This means that you can now receive your programme as an electronic file. The electronic file can then be loaded onto your smart phone or tablet or to your work diary and then synched to your mobile.
When registering to attend the conference, you will be prompted to create a Password. This combined with your email address (ID) will allow you to sign-in to the PSA area, accessing a folder holding your personalised conference programme. Your invoice will be stored in your PSA – please make sure you keep a copy of your invoice and/or send it to your finance teams for payment. At the end of the conference, this account will be closed and emptied.
Special diets can be catered for. Please inform us of your needs using the conference booking form. Additional queries can be sent to email@example.com
Monday evening social
On Monday evening, a hot buffet meal will be held in Habita (part of Northumbria University Students’ Union). This is building 30 on the University map, which is available at www.northumbria.ac.uk/media/738539/citycampus_map.pdf After the buffet there will be a quiz.
The Conference dinner and disco will be held at St James Park, home of Newcastle United Football Club, which is in the City Centre within walking distance of both hotels (c.20-25 minutes walk from each hotel). Transport will be available.
Follow us on Twitter
Retail Catering Outlets & Bars
- There are a number of catering outlets on campus, the closest to the conference being City Campus East Restaurant and Cafe. For more information see https://sharethelove.co.uk/northumbria-outlets/
- Alcohol is served in the Student Union.
- There is a shop located in the Quad (building 29 on the University map).
- In addition, the University is only a short walk from the City’s main shopping area with a wide array of catering and retain outlets. There are also small supermarkets close to both hotels and the conference venue.
Emergency Services and Fire Procedures
For help in an emergency dial 3200 from any internal telephone and your call will be directed appropriately. (0191 227 3200) Visitors are asked to familiarise themselves with the University’s fire procedures which are on display in various locations.
Delegates should adhere to the Hotel’s emergency evacuation protocol when in their accommodation. Medical Assistance or other emergencies Whilst on campus, visitors in need of emergency assistance should contact the conference team in the first instance.